1. Registration is available here: http://theliberalgunclubinc.memberlodge ... Id=1208056
2. The meeting will start on Friday, August 17th and conclude Sunday, August 19th.
3. The LGC has a block of rooms available at
Holiday Inn Express NW Portland
2333 NW Vaughn Street
Portland, Oregon 97210
Hotel Direct: 503.484.1100
Rooms are $129/night. When you call tell them that you would like to reserve one of the "LGC" rooms.
4. The official meeting will be held in the same location as in #3. If you stay there you will just have to stumble out of bed to come down to the meeting. Hell, you can show up in your jammies if you want, we won't judge.
5. There are other places to stay. You can find them on this map
. Yellow pins are hotels, blue pins are campgrounds, green is the location of the evening banquet, purple is where we will go shooting Saturday afternoon.
More may be added in the future. If you have suggestions that we haven't listed, please let me know.
6. Basic itinerary:
Friday night -- blow up clays, informal introductions and get together (details to be worked out).
-Morning--Meeting in the morning. Some talks, some will be interesting. A workshop that may be of interest to you.
-Afternoon--Shooting at The English Pit (see #7)
-Evening -- Banquet and raffle at the Lucky Labrador (see #8)
Sunday morning -- breakfast and goodbyes. We encourage outings into Portland and the surrounding area.
7. Saturday afternoon we will be shooting at The English Pit
The English Pit is a great venue that is providing us with a lot of access, reduced fees and lots of hospitality.
They are providing us with a group rate range fee of $10.00 each and if we wish to rent any of their firearms, they will provide them at no charge (we would have to purchase the ammunition for said firearm from them however...)
Depending upon the size of our group they will provide space to keep us together as best they can on their 50 yard and pistol range, with some modification to the rules as to where rimfire is permitted in order to accommodate us. Access to the 100 yard range would be first come first served. If our group is large enough they may shut down the range entirely to accommodate us, but it would have to be very large to do that.
8. The Banquet/Raffle will be held at the Lucky Labrador Beer Hall
. The beer hall has beer and food that attendees can purchase and bring into our private meeting room. If there are enough attendees there will likely be some light food catered.
9. We are creating a packet with more information about the locations and local things to do. Registered attendees will get an email with the packet as a pdf when we have finished it.
Hopefully we will see you there