The LGC Lead Instructor, Alessandro Padovani will be teaching the Intuitive Defensive Pistol Class.
Masks are required and social distancing will be followed during this class.
Intuitive Defensive Shooting – Handgun
This course is not designed to make you the best shooter you can be on the range, rather its goal is to help you quickly develop fundamental skills that you can apply in a worst case scenario defensive shooting situation.
IDS is based on years of constantly evolving information about how the body works and what really happens during Dynamic Critical Incidents and has been heavily influenced by the diverse group of instructors that are certified to teach it and the thousands of students who have been through courses all around the world. The program features a variety of specialty drills and training methods that the student will be able to utilize in
their own practice after the course in order to continue to develop their abilities. This course is two full days of training, teaching, and practice. You are encouraged to bring a notebook and a pen. The course will cover the following topics:
• Fundamentals of Defensive Shooting & Intuitive Skill Development
• Combat Accuracy
• High Compressed Ready position
• Lateral Motion – Net Survival Positive
• Presentation from the Holster (Reactive Vs Proactive)
• Assessment – Physical & Cognitive Skill
• The Balance of Speed & Precision
• Critical Incident Reload
• Volume of Fire
• Realistic Training for Multiple Target Engagement
• Understanding the Body’s Natural Reactions during a Dynamic Critical Incident.
• One Handed & Weak Handed Shooting
• Non-Diagnostic Linear Malfunction Clearing
• Simulation Drills
• Shooting in Motion (When, How & Why)
Meet up at 8.30 at the range office. California Tactical Academy 6700 Holser Canyon Road, Piru, CA 93040